Saturday, March 10, 2007

Healthy & Happy

Ahh! Much to my dismay & disappointment, I have also joined the bandwagon to lose weight. Yeah, that is the only thing on my mind these days—How to Lose Weight! My target is my birthday. So I have about one and a half months to achieve my target.
To begin with I have started cutting down on oil, potatoes, rice and sugar intake. The logic is if you cut down on intake, your exercises will start working on your existing fat.
I start my day with a glass of luke warm water with lemon & honey. Breakfast is normally, Poha or Upma but I want to have Corn Flakes for atleast 2-3 days in a week and eggs for 2 days and for the rest, I guess, Poha or Upma are OK, because they are also recommended by dieticians even on weight loss programs. Lunch is still a matter of concern because earlier I used to get Dabba, but now it has stopped and I’m managing by eating out or going home for food or sometimes not eating at all. But is is not a good practise. I have heard that one should “Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, dine like a pauper”. But how many of us really follow that. I am also bidding goodbye to Pizza, Chocolates and Junk Food. I am incorporating more of Curd, Green vegetables and fruits. I know it works.
Another good thing which I already do is play badminton for atleast an hour in the evening. It is really a good exercise. So to just put it in a nutshell, I should continue following things to achieve my target:
·Avoid Sugar, Oily & Junk Food
·Play Badminton for 1 hour at least 5 days a week
·Take stairs instead of Lift
·Drink lots of water
·Say No to food when I am not hungry

And I definitely need to do following things to get slim-trim and healthy by my birthday:
·Get up early in the morning
·Do half an hour of Yoga at least 5 days a week in the morning
·Do at least 30-45 minutes of Gym early morning
·Eat a healthy Breakfast
·Get Lunch from home
·Eat by 9 pm at night
·Sleep by 11.30 pm
·Drink at least 4 liters of water daily
·Be Happy

There cannot be anything more one can do without killing oneself and one’s lifestyle. I am not obsessed about losing weight because I am not fat, I am just 50 kg. It is just that I want to get a little lighter, probably not lose that much weight but get toned and energetic. And most importantly have a balanced and proportionate body. When you are healthy, you are happy! Isn’t it?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Penandpaper,
    Whew! Thats a long list of stuff you have set out to do. Good luck for that. I have been trying to tone down for a long time too. So now we can do it together :-)
    Lets update each other our individual progress every week!

    ReplyDelete