Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Crafty Dad

So, far I have blown my own trumpet for sometime now, about how crafty and creative I am [without showing anything to support my claim]. But let me tell you, the dad in the house is super hands-on. He is the kind of guy who loves his tool boxes, in all shapes and sizes. He also loves building / making things. 

Sample this: a paper cutter and some thermocol pieces from the packaging of our washing machine...and voila he made this neat little plane. 



I am so much in love with this cute plane. This picture does only partial justice to how good this looks in real life. No amount of cajoling and persuasion could make my husband click this for me. He sometimes get really bugged about my near-obsession of clicking everything. But can you blame me? Once this goes into the hands of the toddler, I don't think it is going to look like this ever again :-)

8 comments:

  1. thats some creativity and hard work there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a thing of beauty, and it did not take him much time! Another project is under way. And I thank myself that we don't watch TV and pursue creativity :)
      Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  2. that is very creative.. and glad you clicked the picture :) .. wish your little one left it in one piece and you could put it up on your book shelf :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's a good idea. I never thought about it. Thank you :-)

      Delete
  3. Aha!!! This indeed is creative! Even my hubby is quite creative...he has a biiig tool box and he uses it regularly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men and their tool boxes and swiss knives [in all shapes and sizes, tool boxes I mean]! Another project is going on for a few days now. It will be showcased here soon.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:01 AM

    lovely..he is really creative person :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both of us love indulging in creative activities but different. I like scrap booking or collages; he likes building things.

      Delete