Here are 10 things which I would like to change about myself:
- I need more patience. I am short in that department though motherhood is giving me some lessons but I can always do with some more.
- I crave perfection. Many times there isn’t enough time or resources to accomplish that, which really disappoints me. You can see that in my blogging too. Most of the times I keep thinking of that perfect topic to write about and therefore not write everyday. If I could only forget about perfection and complete the task at hand somehow, I wouldn’t be so behind in this Challenge.
- I am extremely unsocial. I don’t like parties, get-togethers and their brothers and sisters. I am also reluctant to meet new people. Many times I have to be threatened to meet new people (mostly by husband). I am most social online. My offline personality is not like that.
- I sleep very late every day, promising myself that I would sleep early the next day, which of course never happens. It is a vicious circle. You sleep late one day, then wake up late the next day, and then again sleep late and so on!
- I use most of my free time in cleaning and putting things in order. I could use that time more productively in reading and writing. In any case, when the little one wakes up all the work goes down the drain. No wonder my husband never gets it why I go around putting things in order all the time.
- I want to be more open to new things, new people, new experiences. My adventure quotient is zero.
- I need to cut down time on internet, may be use the limited time more productively and accomplishing more by focus. It is easy to drift off into a different tangent while surfing net.
- I am quick-tempered. I don’t need to explain why I want to change this. OK so I will just say, anger makes you say a lot of things which you don’t really mean, and then you regret.
- I am a control freak. If I had my way (and if I had time), I would do everything myself.
- I would like to call people who mean a lot to me, more often. My parents tell me I don't talk to them enough. My brother tells me I don't call him at all. My Best Friend complains I never call her back even when I tell her (when she calls) that I would. I would like to get in touch with friends who I always think about but never put enough efforts in talking to them.
Note: I hope it is obvious that I love many more things about myself than I want to change.