Monday, June 17, 2013

June Photo A Day : Day 17: Centred

This picture is from my little one's first birthday. I was very clear, I wanted no party. At one year, a child does not enjoy a party and in fact, there is pressure of getting ready at a particular time and look after the guests. I wanted no such thing.

My son had to be the centre of all our attention and affection. So, the day was spent leisurely - a visit to the temple, lots of balloons all over the house, home made cakes, and dinner at a village-themed restaurant. I am going to stick to it more or less on his second birthday too. Birthday Parties may be evaluated when his friends (he needs to make friends first) can come without their parents.

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm I agree with your thought process!! We threw a 1st b'day party for him because I had to give it back to my frenz who had pitched in during my preg so that party was more for my frenz :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then it makes sense. We had no one to thank but God, and so we visited temple :-)

      Delete
  2. Good philosophy. I like your way of thinking. And I absolutely love this picture! So colorful! Couldn't have given a better birthday treat to a 1-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) He was happy and that's what matters.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Sigh! I wish I can do something this personal for my kid! I am caught amongst those who will want to invite their friends and throw a party for the society rather than the actual person whose birthday it is! Hope I don't get caught in this though it is pretty much the norm....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it is but I am a very unsocial person in real life. I personally don't like parties. And at one, the kid does not want it. Moreover, I hate those kiddie theme parties. But of course, if he would want them when he grows up, may be I will have to give in :-(
      Duck the norm and do what you want to do. It helps when both parents are on the same page.

      Delete