Sunday, June 23, 2013

June Photo A Day : Day 23: Last

I think I cracked a good one for this. Didn't I :-)

If you have kids of your own or at home or observed them, you would know, they like to play more with the everyday items over their toys. Toys are the least preferred playthings. So, when we think of buying some new stuff for our son, we don't go to the toy store, we head to the supermarket or plastic variety stores or novelty store and the likes. 

Paper cups are very easily available and quite fun to play with. Earlier, I used to make tower and he would love bumping it off. Now both of us make it together or he would do on his own. It is great for their motor skills because they need to control their movements in putting the cups properly. 

In the picture, is the last cup remaining to complete the tower.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:49 PM

    This is good one indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought I did well on this though I would not take the credit for originality. I saw a jig-saw puzzle on the FMS Photo A Day group, and that sparked the idea :)

      Delete
  2. Indeed it is creative & good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good - great idea. Yep kids are like that they love the oddest things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Loved the idea for the prompt as well the idea for keeping kids busy! Yes, even I have noticed... they like to play with everything EXCEPT their own toys! This is good out-of-the-box thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good one .. Will try it out with daughter sometime.. she is still in the ' I want to taste it before I play with it ' age ..but some of her fav playthings are utensils and random junk ;)

    ReplyDelete