Monday, June 03, 2013

June Photo A Day : Day 3: On My Table..

On my Table is Cold Coffee, made by the Geek, the hubby [read 'Note' at the end].
In these hot, summer days, I am thankful that hubby is kind enough to whip up Cold Coffee for me. In spite of the heat, I still have my daily dose of 3-4 mugs of tea during the day but once in a while Cold Coffee on a hot day is all that one needs.

Ah! simple pleasures and small blessings of life :)

Note: I have zeroed in on 2 terms to describe my husband and I on this blog. I am a 'Nerd' and my husband is a 'Geek'. I like the ring of these words. By giving these names, by no means I am claiming that we are intellectuals. Both of us are obsessive about certain things and by these names, I am just recognizing this aspect of our personalities. His obsession is technology and gadgets, mine is books. 

14 comments:

  1. Cold coffee is the way to go - a yummy on my table.

    Here's mine http://bit.ly/12ZwPfZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Respite in the summer heat!

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely, the cold coffee. I rather have tea any day :)
    Now after reading your note I am left wondering what I am. I love books and also gadgets. I should coin a new term for myself, something like Neek or Gerd ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also a tea person, can have it any time of the day. I never say no to Tea and neither to coffee-cold or hot - if someone else is offering :)
      Neek sounds good.

      Delete
  3. A nice chilled glass of Cold Coffee is good any time of the day :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Especially, if someone else is making it ;-)

      Delete
  4. I am yearning for some too right now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ... you can pseudo-drink it if you want!

      Delete
  5. lol @ ur names :)

    And yes even I am gultiy of having a cold coffee once in a while!!! sigh!!! but ur looks very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why guilty? Have it by all means lady. We have it late night when both of us are hooked to our laptops :-)

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:17 PM

    Aah! Geek and Nerd. What a pair! :) You know what this makes me. A highly geeky and moderately nerdy person. :)

    Mine's here : http://www.whatmycameracaptures.com/june-photo-a-day-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I always had this perception that women are more nerdy than geeky. But here, I found two women-geeks already. I have zero interest in gadgets, and he has zero interest in books; while both of us are go-to-people for our respective domains among our friends. He recommends phones, cameras, etc, I of course, recommend books :-)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It always is, dear! He is not passionate about cooking but when he decides to make something, he does a good job :-)

      Delete